Welcome to Aylee's Norway Newsletter

 

Velkommen (Welcome)!

My name is Aylee Andersen and I'm a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 

If you are looking at this post, that means you have stumbled across my "Aylee's Norway Newsletter" blog! The purpose of this blog is to keep people in the loop on my adventures in Norway. I will post pictures, share experiences, and hopefully help you get a glimpse of what life is like for a missionary in Norway.

If you have questions for me or just want to connect, feel free to reach out to me at https://forms.gle/S6C4wbXBk13zfUnd9. I only have certain times a week that I am able to email, but I will respond as soon as I can. I'd love to hear from you!

Who am I and why am I in Norway?

As a bit of background, I grew up as the oldest of 6 kids in a small town in Idaho. If you have heard anything about Idaho, you probably know that it is famous for its potatoes. The town I was raised in is no exception! My high school's mascot is a potato and we have a whole holiday dedicated to our spuds. After finishing high school, I went on to graduate from Utah State University with a degree in Computer Science and began working from home as a ServiceNow developer. Eventually, I bought a house and moved back to the town I grew up in. Not long after that, my career really started to take off. I was gaining visibility and credibility in the ServiceNow community, winning awards, presenting on live streams, guest starring on podcasts, and speaking at large conferences. My life was (and still is) very blessed and I know that it is because of God and His goodness.

The reason I tell you all of this is to help you see how important my mission is to me. I stepped away from my life, my career, my friends, and my family so that I could spend 18 months in dedicated service to God and His children. It feels like a small price to pay in order to give back, and to show my gratitude to the One who has given me so much.

If you are unfamiliar with the work of Latter-day Saint (LDS) missionaries, we go about serving others, teaching about Jesus Christ, and helping people find comfort, peace, strength, hope and joy in their lives. From the moment we wake up till the moment our head hits the pillow, we are in the service of our fellow men and women and in the service of God.

After submitting my mission application, I was given the assignment to serve the people in Norway from June 2024 to December 2025. I look forward to meeting incredible people, learning their language, hearing their stories, and coming to love them. I hope that through this blog, you will too!


For questions about missionary work or about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, visit https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/comeuntochrist or Contact Aylee.


Popular posts from this blog

My First Month in Norway